Thursday, May 26, 2011

30 Day Shred

If you follow me on twitter you already know I am currently on day 7 of the 30 Day Shred. I’ve had this Jillian Michaels workout video for almost a year now. It’s been helpful in the past but I never stuck it out the full thirty days. This time I was able to talk my sister into doing the challenge with me. It's made a huge difference so far. Having her there beside me keeps me especially motivated. I don’t know if I’d have the strength to do it on my own. It’s extremely tough! There are 3 levels in total- so we decided to spend ten days on each level. Hopefully this will keep us from getting bored. I’m not a big fan of workout videos. I’d say the most difficult element is how vastly my hunger has increased. I eat twice as much! Ekk! My cruise is in twenty-three days so I can’t skip any workouts if I want to complete the entire 30 days. Wish me luck!!! I hope to be bikini ready by the time I finish the shred. If you don't mind sweating like a pig... join us! haha It’s only 20 minutes from your day. OH, and I recently read… breakfast should be the largest meal of the day. So I am reorganizing my weekly meal plans and hopefully this will be a big help!

How do you feel about workout videos? Have they delivered successful results? Did you have to alter your eating habits? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

6 comments:

  1. My brother and I tried doing P90X together. We lasted about three weeks. The workouts took almost an hour and then it had a 15-minute ab workout on top of that every other day. After that I gave up on workout videos.

    Good luck with yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried 30 day shred and definately felt myself getting stronger just after 6 days. I'm nursing my little girl and was losing my milk so I had to give it up for now. I love how short yet effective the workouts are. I will def be going back to it after I'm done nursing. I might try it again in a couple of weeks. Are you tracking your weightloss? Inches lost? Keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been wanting to buy this DVD for ages but havent been able to find it anywhere :-) I will try and find it online. Goodluck with making it to 30 days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fair warning, sometimes changing your eating habits will take time from your body to fully adjust so don't give up. Just push yourself to do the workouts. Also drink plenty of water.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for all the feedback everyone! I'm more motivated than ever :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love workout videos. they helped me shed the 50+ lbs of baby weight after popping out my kid. i never joined a gym, just t.v.'d my way back. love them! good luck! :)
    YOURS, MINE AND OURS

    ReplyDelete