Friday, May 27, 2011

The Lake House


 
Yay! Friday is finally here :) After work I will be driving my little self out to the lake. I'm not a fan of driving so I'm bringing my baby sister along for good company. I guess you could call it a mini road trip… crossing fingers I don’t get lost again. The lake house is my weekend getaway spot. I basically spent every summer there as a child. The best part: it’s always a family affair. Back in the day my grandparents bought a ‘vacation house’ they now call home. Shortly after, my uncle purchased the house next door and my mom’s boyfriend got a place down the road. I love staying with my mom and Eloy because the house is still fairly new. I like to think it helps me avoid my miserable allergies. Or maybe perhaps I’ve grown out of them? I guess I won’t really know since I stock up on Zertec before my arrival. I’m thankful we have our exclusive lake hideaway and the fact that it is only 2 hours away. Holiday weekends are my favorite! I expect to see tons of family hanging out by the water. So excited!!

How are you spending your Memorial weekend? Hope you get to kick back and relax like us!

No comments:

Post a Comment