Monday, May 23, 2011

yesterday I turned 23.

My weekend went surprisingly well. It turns out going with the flow is always the best option. I truly enjoy spending time with my family. It's a shame it took me so long to realize this. But I guess it's just another lesson learned in time. Friday and Saturday were spent at the Pasadena Strawberry Festival. For those of you who have never been, each year they recreate the "World's Largest Strawberry Shortcake".
Isn’t it gorgeous? My uncle’s cook-off tent, Last Minute Cookers, won 1st and 2nd place for their gumbo. Congrats guys! another trophy to add to our table. These guys can cook a mean meal. I feel like I was constantly eating. Everything was so tasty! The evenings were filled with laughter, dancing and bizarre drinking games. Haha it was quite entertaining...

I was delighted to spend my midnight countdown with such wonderful people.
Sunday (my actual birth date) I woke up bright and early. My dad and Veronica invited me to Lakewood church. I was exhausted but it’s always nice seeing Joel in person. Afterwards we ate at the Cheesecake Factory. I forgot how large their meal portions are! I was completely stuffed... yet I somehow managed to eat my cheesecake. haha It was so yummy how could I not? I spent the rest of the day relaxing at home with my mom, sisters & the little ones. I feel incredibly blessed to have such an amazing family. They showered me with love and the prettiest gifts. Here are just a few…

Mama bought me the cute sailboat sweater & flats seen above and a pair of grey rain boots. I was so excited about the boots I wore them to the festival. Who says it has to be raining to wear rain boots anyway?
• Dad and Veronica are lending me this outstanding typewriter. I loveeeeee it! And can’t wait to display it on my brand new Ikea desk. (also gifted by them).
My baby sister nailed it this year. She gave me the awesome Joy Division t-shirt seen above & my first ever bouquet of roses. Two things I have been wanting forever!

All in all I had a fantastic 23rd birthday. You can view the rest of the photos hereThank you to everyone who wished me a Happy Birthday! I was touched to be in your thoughts. 

4 comments:

  1. happy late birthday!

    I had no idea Pasadena had a strawberry festival, that's something I'll definitely need to check out. :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look great in your photos, and now i want Cheesecake

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm glad you had a wonderful birthday! the pictures are adorable!

    and the rainboots! loveee.
    i'm a big fan of them with dresses. even when it isn't raining :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! you guys are so sweet :)

    ReplyDelete