Thursday, August 4, 2011

Love yourself.



I’m a petite girl and I’ve never really had trouble maintaining my weight. In junior high I was a size double zero and in high school I was a zero. (keep in mind I am only 5ft.) A few years ago I started living an extremely unhealthy lifestyle. And as a result I ended up 20 and underweight. Yuck! skin and bones. Anyway, I got it together, started working full time, eating a little better and sleeping the average amount. Naturally my body responded by packing on a few pounds. They were healthy pounds but it’s taken me almost three years to realize that. I finally went to the doctor for my first physical as an adult. We did tons of testing and she said my body mass index is exactly where it should be. That's the reason I've been having trouble losing wieght. My BMI is telling my body it’s already perfect. My initial reaction was... “Ugh!” haha Seriously, I said that to my doctor. But I quickly changed my attitude. I’m blessed to be in good health. Not many people can eat an entire box of Twinkies without gaining a pound (7th grade). So even though I am a bit heavier than my jr. high days, it’s nothing a little exercise can’t tone.

For now I will focus on loving me for ME. :) because it makes all the difference in the world.

8 comments:

  1. love this! as girls we are too hard on ourselves. you definately look much better as a healthy girl :) You should link up on a post i did similar to this! here is the link

    http://christanncox.blogspot.com/2011/07/love-to-hate-myself.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely post! i agree, we gotta first appreciate to be happy. so many would LOVE to have your body. glad to hear that you're healthy!! XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been a long time reader and fan of all your blogs and I am happy to see this one. I may take the crazy out before your name. Oh and I like your 2011 pic a lot more then the other.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad to see a beautiful young woman who's gained weight and realizes it's good for her! You are by NO means overweight.

    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post! I can relate a lot to what you are saying.. You look great though. You should be proud! <3

    New follower from
    In our sea of love

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is soooo important. What a lovely post! Weight issues are a problem partially because we as girls need to talk to each other more about the realities. Wonderful that you put your story out there. You look great by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautful! I just wrote a guest post like this. It is hard to get over what you used to have but it's so important to just love what you do have.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so beautiful! I know exactly what you mean..haha. But of course you wont be the same size as you were in junior high! But that's perfect, normal, and healthy! You are so gorgeous just the way you are..don't let anyone tell you otherwise!

    ReplyDelete