Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Love yourself MORE.

Let me start by saying, I am human. I have weight loss struggles just like everyone else. Remember my little post about loving yourself? Well I ended up with mixed results. Sure, I gained a powerful feeling of acceptance towards myself but I may have let it get to my head. I was so confident about my healthy weight that I stopped exercising. I even stopped eating well. I felt invincible. Like no amount of french fries could bring me down. But boy was I wrong! The pounds began to creep up on me and before I knew it I was back to feeling sorry for myself. The self-assurance I worked up only months before had completely vanished. I obviously didn’t do a good job of strengthening the groundwork for my “lifestyle” change. I realized you can’t focus on one problem area and expect lifelong results. Nutition, Fitness and Motivation all play major parts in a healthier you. I know it will take lots of time and dedication in order to reach a positive outcome. And today, I’ve never been more ready! This morning between my reach for the snooze button I heard an interesting suggestion...

Pay attention to what you consume. Make a new rule that you will not multitask while you eat. That means no chips while on the computer and no ice cream while watching your favorite TV drama. If you're going to eat, you're going to be present and focus on the food you're enjoying to help avoid mindless overeating.

Pretty great advice, huh? It's easy to forget to savor our meals when we are busy doing other things. I will be focusing on my plate from now on... enjoying the smell, tast and texture of the food I am blessed to have. Happy eating :)

4 comments:

  1. I feel you! Yesterday was my day though. I need to keep up this motivation. The simplest of things can break a cycle of good hard work! Love this post!

    In our sea of love

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used sparkpeople for a while, and am still receiving blog posts from them! I think they're a wonderful way to lose weight and learn about your body and about how to set up a healthy lifestyle!
    but like any plan, I think it's a stepping stone. one day it will come naturally to eat healthy and be physically active.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just need to start working out again. You know its been a long time to work out when you can't even remember the last time you did

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is SO TRUE!!!! Exercise and Fitness must be a part of my life and eating well, it just has to be my everyday thing. I have 5 pounds to go down, and it really just gets me down, but I MUST carry on with a consistent healthy lifestyle or the lbs. just creep up. Anything worth while, takes some work.

    ReplyDelete