Friday, November 18, 2011

CONFESSION:

I like the Twilight series. there, i said it.

I know the acting isn’t incredible but I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again… watching a book come to life is enchanting. I, unlike most, appreciate the way the story has to be modified in order to become a film. You have to give them credit; fitting a novel into a 90 minute motion picture can’t be easy (certain details will be left out). I personally think the midnight showings are a blast! I love being in a theater surrounded by passionate fans. Twilight and Harry Potter premiers are intense and that’s exactly how I like them! I am thankful for these books/movies because it’s very rare my sisters and I are fond of the same thing. It’s sort of become a tradition of ours to attend Twilight showings. Breaking Dawn is my favorite so far :)

With that being said, not everyone enjoys the same things. I think it’s terrible the way people look down on the likes of others. What a waste of perfectly good energy. I don’t mean to sound preachy but when I was younger I felt like an outcast. My classmates were constantly belittling the things I loved... Power Rangers, Winnie the Pooh, Teletubbies haha! I will admit I’m not your average girl. I guess I tried hanging onto my childhood a little longer than most. Eventually I felt forced to change. I threw away everything kid-like in hopes of trying to fit in. But the thing is… I never really did fit in. I spent so much time attempting to be someone I wasn’t that I lost myself. Being a kid can be rough! It has taken me a very long time to recognize who I am and what I like (though it may be different from others). I encourage you all to keep a positive attitude and avoid discrimination.

"Show acceptance to everyone, not to just those who are like you."

Have you ever felt self-conscious about your interests? I’d love to hear some of your experiences.
Have a safe and happy weekend! Christine

10 comments:

  1. Am I the only one who has never seen or read "Twilight"? I suck.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol. I used to LOOOOVE Twilight. Then, I got a little bit older (and Breaking Dawn came out and I hated that book) and I realized that the fans were a lot younger than I was and that segregated me from their group.

    What I find ridiculous is the time people take the make fun of Twilight. If you say Twilight fans have no life and then dedicate entire websites of making fun of the series... it's just a tad hypocritical.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will admit, I have never seen the movies and don't care to read the books. So really I have no say in it. I was one of the few people going to see Lord of the Rings at midnight. I will also probably go see the new Muppet's at midnight.

    Anyways to answer your question,my interest in life has always been theme parks. Its not like anyone else I know is going to be like lets talk coasters.

    But thanks to the internet, anyone can join others with the same interest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww. I remember once when I got a brand new bike. It was bright pink and had flowers all over it, and tassels on the handle bars. I had no clue that I was "too old" for a bike like that, until a bunch of kids made fun of me for it. I remember that I did't want to ride it anymore, but that I was too afraid to tell my dad because he bought it for me and helped me put it together. So sad!

    So, I can totally relate. Now, though it's much easier not to care what other people think. Today I was skipping, like a little kid, outside. I got some stares, but I got some smiles too. And it was fun!

    Great post :)

    P.S. I LOVE the Twilight books, but have never seen the movies. Isn't that kind of strange? lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. get post I loved the books I am not a big movie goer just me but I say like what you like and the hell with who does not like it!

    carrie

    ReplyDelete
  6. i like it too!!!! confession time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm pretty neutral about the whole Twilight thing, but yeah I think it's terrible when other people are so imposing and hateful. Don't mind them! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. my boyfriend aaaaalways makes fun of me for loving twilight. but you know... he is allowed to because he loves me anyways. i'm not hiding that i love the books and movies.
    and breaking dawn will be in theatres here on thursday and i will go to the movies on saturday night, sitting right to my bestie, sharing a big box of popcorn and probably shedding a tear or two :) SO excited. but so far i've heard lot of different opinions on the movie. right now i am glad you liked it :D

    loves,
    katja

    ReplyDelete
  9. great post. i think that's what is so great about people and friends...their different interests. would be boring if we were all the same and all liked the same things. differences gives us things to talk about at the end of the day! i love the twilight series. have yet to see breaking dawn.

    [oomph.]
    What's the next line? Help write the story!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well said. I think it is pathetic and sad for people to look down on others, I for one think there is something they must be going through on a personal level and lash out at others.

    ReplyDelete