Monday, November 7, 2011

Eat, Drink and be Scary.

Hi there! I didn't realize how busy I would be upon returning from vacation. But I'm finally back on my regular schedule (thanks to the recent time change). While away, my cousins and I came across a lot of hit and miss situations. So I decided to put together a little a guide for those of you considering visiting Vegas during Halloween.

Here's what we learned...

I loved vacationing with my cousins. They mean so much to me and I am thankful for the experience. I hope you all had fun & spooky Halloween! I'm jealous I didn't get to go trick-or-treating this year. But will definitely make up for it next year.

XO, christine

1. Don't bother buying tickets to any main events unless you plan on reserving a VIP section. The clubs get entirely too packed and I myself need room to breathe.
extra plus: the VIP tickets will also let you bypass the long lines.
2. Bring multiple costumes! It’s more fun that way :)

3. If you are with a big group skip splitting up into many taxis and upgrade to limo service. This makes rides to further destinations way more fun! and you can bargain down the price..
4. Downtown goes all out for Halloween while there were very few people dressed up on the main strip. Weird, I know! But I promise it's worth the drive.

5. Buy pizza before you go out for the night. That way when you return at 4 am there's a yummy snack waiting for you. I feel like I ate pizza breakfast, lunch and dinner all weekend long.
6. Make sure to set aside time to visit some of the pricier restaurants. We ate sushi Saturday night and had brunch the following day at Mesa Grill. Mmmm... I'm still craving Bobby Flay's mango glazed bacon!

7. My feet were killing me by the end of the trip and I didn't even wear heels. I definitely recommend leaving uncomfortable shoes at home. You can thank me later.
This was my first time flying alone and I was scared out of my mind! By the time I had to depart home I felt like a pro. No more fear of flying solo... I'm a big girl now :) I also overcame my somewhat fear of riding in a cab alone. It's something I had never tried until then so I was a little unsure. Turns out it’s super simple and beats riding the bus. We didn't end up going to the haunted ghost town but we did watch a million scary movies! All those Halloween movies I said I'd never watch... well I watched them... with my eyes OPEN! And I haven't had a single nightmare since. Take that Michael Myers!!

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun weekend! Thanks for all the great tips :)

    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been Vegas twice and I love it. I ate pizza like 24/7. Where did you stay at? I'm actually going solo on my trip this summer. Sure I am meeting up with a group but still flying alone. Although I did fly to Boston alone now that I think of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool! Looks like you had fun.

    Thanks for the tips. I'd really want to see Vegas sometime :)

    ReplyDelete