Wednesday, December 7, 2011

HOLIDAY TRADITIONS

The last couple of days have looked a lot like this…

Christmas tree decorating, Christmas card writing, Lots and lot of hot cocoa with extra marshmallows, Little Santas watching Elf, Decorating Christmas cookies, Candy cane kisses, Peppermint ice cream, Wrapping presents!

My favorite Christmas tradition is taking the little ones to the dollar store to do their shopping. They pick out gifts for mommy, daddy, grandma and anyone else they want to surprise. It’s the cutest thing! They choose the funniest gifts. I think last year Mariah bought her mom a ‘Congratulations on your confirmation’ card. hahaha It’s a great way for them to learn about giving. In fact, they use the money they’ve saved year round (but shhh… we secretly put it back in their piggy banks).

What’s your favorite holiday tradition?

6 comments:

  1. What a great idea to take the kids to the Dollar Store!! I took my sister there when she was little and gave her $5, she was in Heaven! I can only imagine how fun the gift buying for a kid would be!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute when my kids were in grade school they would have a store at school to buy gifts for a dollar it was so sweet to see what that picked out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the movie ELF. And we do the same thing with sugar cookies or at least we used to. Maybe I should bring that back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love your holiday tradition! so sweet!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. great inspiration! love the first pic!
    thanks for sharing!]
    my xmas tradition is just to sit around the fireplace and watching the home alone saga lmao

    if you like we can follow each other on bloglovin :)
    let me know!
    STYLE DECORUM

    ReplyDelete