Thursday, January 5, 2012

CONFESSION:

I bite my nailsthere, i said it.

It’s been an ugly habit of mine since I grew teeth. Okay, maybe not that early but pretty darn close. I started painting my nails a couple years ago and realized it helps prevent nibbling. I guess I’m more aware of keeping them pretty that way. I am 23 years old now and I’ve made a conscious decision to stop the madness! I’m grown; I shouldn’t be gnawing at my nails while watching NCIS (I don’t even like those types of shows but they have a way of sucking me in EVERY time). I think I’ll buy myself a new polish after each successful month. Sounds like an excellent reward to me!! Below are my glitter nails for the new year :)


Have you ever struggled with biting your nails? How did you drop the compulsive habit?

11 comments:

  1. I always struggle with this! I have been doing better more recently, but if a nail is uneven or I have a hang nail, I will be too impatient to wait until I have access to a file and end up biting it! So gross but so hard to stop!!! haha! I wish you luck with your goal to stop! :) Pretty nails!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny enough, I actually did a post a while back about how to stop biting your nails. Here it is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing!! I needed this :)

      Delete
  3. i LOVE your glitter nails! i'm about to paint mine.
    i've never struggled with biting my nails, but i certainly have plenty of other flaws! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am the worst when it comes to biting my nails! eeekkk...

    love the post hun!

    Happy to be your newest follower <3
    Would love for you to stop by and follow me back ?

    xxoo
    BARBIE-BOMBSHELL.BLOGSPOT.COM

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did! for years!!! I stopped when i got pregnant with my son and now i rarely do it.. Even though i catch myself doing it from time to time.
    I have worse habits, like twirling my hair!!! lol


    In our sea of love

    ReplyDelete
  6. in <3 with this gliiter nailpolish!

    x the cookies
    samecookiesdifferent.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG! I was the worst! Not only did I bite my nails, but I gnawed and picked at the skin around it. It was humiliating, and SO painful! My fiance hated it! I was able to stop about 8 months ago when I started getting regular manicures. Now, I paint my nails on my own- which definitely helps. My thumbs, however, are still a problem and I think they may always be that way! Most frustrating habit! And soooo hard to stop!

    Bailey
    http://lostandfound-bailee.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bite the skin too! gross, I know. It's a work in progress but I'm def. getting better at keeping up with them.

      Delete