Thursday, February 9, 2012

SIMPLIFYING.


I have been on a simplicity kick as of late. I am riding my life of things unused. Last weekend I emptied my closet and filled a bag with clothes I haven’t worn recently. This weekend I plan on emptying it once again. It can be difficult letting go of a beautiful dress you’ve only worn once. But if it doesn’t fit, what’s the point really? I also cut my movie collection in half. Same rule- if I haven’t watched it more than once I don’t need it.

Last night I got to thinking, “What would I save if my home were on fire?” My answer USED to be my cell phone, laptop, camera and scrapbook. But those things no longer hold such value in my heart. I’d probably just grab my purse and run. But even then, if I was unable to grab anything I could always get another driver’s license and debit card. Since realizing materialistic items aren’t forever I’ve also lost my love for scrapbooking. It’s been a hobby of mine since I was 12 years old but I’m over it. My blog has replaced it’s purpose and I guess I don’t mind much. However, I’m sentimental and want to preserve my scrapbooks, so I plan on scanning and uploading each page to flickr. You can view them here if you’re interested.

What would you save in a house fire??? I’m extremely curious to know!

4 comments:

  1. i really, REALLY love your blog! it's really great! easily one of my new favorites hehe... can't wait to read more from you!


    i stumbled onto your page while "blog" walking and thought i would say a little hello!

    newest follower! ♥ follow back?

    hugs, xo!
    MY BLOG* BARBIE-BOMBSHELL.BLOGSPOT.COM

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's really a hard question, I guess my kids and husband first and next would be my handbag with all the important documents, i know you can just get new ones but it would be so much of a hassle.

    Hope all is well my dear, have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you look at life from a new perspective, the perception of those items does become less important. Sounds like your on a new journey. I think if there was a fire, I would grab my external hard drive since it has all of my photos from over the years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would save my cat and the first picture my mother and I ever took together. It was taken a couple hours after my birth, and is on the refrigerator.

    ReplyDelete