Friday, April 27, 2012

FRIENDS.


I've noticed I like to play the victim. "Boo hoo I don't have any friends. Boo hoo why doesn’t anyone like me?"

The truth of the matter is I had friends and I am capable of making new ones. But I always seem to ruin friendships by fleeing. I choose to distance myself for whatever wild reason my mind comes up with. And the worst part is, I expect them to be around when my head clears and I’m tired of being alone. That's ridiculous and it's gone on for far too long. I want to love without expectation. I want to be a good friend to those that so graciously want to be mine. Do you have any tips on making/keeping friends?

I can be a better person.

I will be a better friend!

3 comments:

  1. I'm the same way, but.. I sort of push them away when things get tough. I've never been good at making friends, people take my sarcasm as being a jerk.. but it's how I try to be friendly. I try to be that sarcastic, funny friend.. and it doesn't go well.
    I am trying to make a better effort, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be your friend. I've always liked you.

    I personally don't have a lot of friends. I have the main 4 then just the people I keep in contact with. However I am becoming friends with more people from the church and school as I become more involved there. That might be a good way to make friends if you get involved in a group that you like.

    Or you could just call me and be my friend. I have room for friend #5

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do the same thing, I go through cycles. I always feel like a bad friend because of those cycles, but I guess my friends love me anyways! :) Also, I will be your friend, for what it's worth! haha ;)

    ReplyDelete