Tuesday, May 29, 2012

MEMPHIS VACATION!


I grew up listening to Elvis Presley so I was thrilled to be visiting Memphis, TN this Memorial Day weekend! Our first stop Sun Studio- the birthplace of rock & roll. Can you imagine Elvis Presley, Jerry Lee Lewis, Carl Perkins, and Johnny Cash all in one room?! The photo below is proof the room hasn’t changed a bit. Check out the walls, still the exact same! I was in awe of this recording studio… the history in the building was wild! If you visit Memphis do yourself a favor and stop by Sun Studio :) We spent the remainder of the evening on Beale Street listening to blues and eating BBQ. talk about perfect.

Sunday morning we headed straight to Graceland mansion. The d├ęcor was so unique and timeless I went a little camera crazy! I mean, who boards Elvis’s plane and doesn’t take a million snapshots? All in all, the entire tour was like a dream. See for yourself…
And last but not least, I went to my very first drive-in movie!! I've been wanting to mark that off my list for more than half my life. The weather was perfect and the theater offered double features! sooo amazing!!

A great start to my 24 before 25 list! I visited Graceland, the drive-in theater and added to my record collection. I'm on a roll! I hope you all had a lovely holiday weekend :)

1 comment:

  1. i def LOVE visiting Memphis! but i def didn't get to see Graceland :-(


    http://infinitelifefitness.com
    http://mscomposure.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete