Thursday, August 16, 2012

ONE SATURDAY EVENING.

Last Saturday, after Mariah's game we went camping. I have to admit I was a bit hesitant to camp in the camper rather than tents... but boy was I grateful once I felt the scorching summer heat! Tents were made for fall weather, besides a little AC never hurt anyone. Though the woods were a little dry, they housed a great deal beauty. Adorable families of deer greeted us from afar. And as the sun went down, fireflies filled the sky around us. It was magical! Later, we stood under the stars to view the Perseid meteor shower. My sweet Mariah kept saying, "This is the BEST day!" It was her first time seeing meteors and I definitely saw more than I've seen in my lifetime. I was in awe the entire night! We barbecued, explored and screamed our heads off when bugs came too close for comfort haha

Who would have thought camping an hour away from home could be such a magical experience?! Before leaving we stopped by San Felipe de Austin Sate Historic Site for a little Texas history. It was a wonderful weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment