Tuesday, November 20, 2012

The more thankful you are, the happier you'll be.

Being thankful is such a HUGE part of life and happiness. I believe it’s so important to practice gratitude regularly. After all, a grateful heart is the most inspiring...


My dad and Veronica welcoming me into their home a year ago. Not only has it strengthened our bond as a family, it’s taught me to be more self-less. I now pray for god to inconvenience me. Practice is key- even if it simply means going to the grocery store to pickup milk for the household (I don’t drink milk).

My niece Mariah and nephew Nate. People are always asking if they’re mine because of the way I display their artwork and constantly talk about them. I am thankful for those kiddos every single moment of my life! In fact, we are all awaiting the arrival of another soon to be nephew. My step-sister is due November 27th- a Thanksgiving baby indeed!

The friends I’ve reconnected with recently. I believe people stay in your life for a reason and right now I am so very thankful for these individuals. I value their friendship more than they know!

My step-brother Isaac. If it weren’t for him and his amazing teaching skills I wouldn’t have found my love for football and our beloved TEXANS! Which is especially nice since we have a game Thanksgiving day.

The health of loved ones. It’s been a whirlwind of hospital scares this year. But thankfully we are all still here, alive and well! God has blessed us with more time together and there’s nothing greater than sharing a lifetime of happiness with your family.

My current job. It appeared at the most appropriate time, a true blessing. This December I will have been working here 4 years. WOW! It’s scary to think where I might have been without it.

Satellite radio. Do you have it? It seriously changed my life… earlier this year I was reminiscing about the days when it was all about the music. Now thanks to satellite radio those days are back & in full swing!

Mother- daughter weekend in Vegas! I’m thankful to have such an outgoing mama. We don’t just meet at the nail salon; we hop on a plane and get our nails done in Vegas! hehe :)

Spell check.

No matter what is going on in life, we can always find a reason to be thankful. What are you thankful for today?

2 comments:

  1. i love the spirit on the internet these days...all thankful :) have a great holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely post. Hope you had a great thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete