Monday, December 17, 2012

DON'T RUSH...


Lately I’ve found myself obsessing over furniture. I shop for dishes, tables, chairs… you name it. I imagine it’s the kind of nesting feeling you get when you buy your first home. Only I don’t own a home. But somehow the idea of owning a home has taken root and I am destined to see it through! After much consideration I’ve decided to call Austin, tx my next home. It’s taken me years to realize leaving texas isn’t an option until I’ve fully experienced being on my own. Austin is the perfect destination, not only because it’s beautiful but because it’s 3 hours from Houston. This will prevent me from running home to my parents at the first sign of loneliness. I will be forced to leave the house, make friends and explore new parks, museums, restaurants, theaters, concerts! All the while, building a home and getting to know myself a little better. The important thing to remember here is not to rush. I get caught up in the idea of beginning such an amazing adventure and forget to live in the now.

For the first time in years I am practically debt free! And that alone is something to celebrate. I want to enjoy the now and reflect on what it took to get here. Because when I do take that next step and buy my own place, I have to be prepared to tackle the investment with faith and serenity. As for my furniture obsession… I’ve decided to practice want vs. need. I know I'll eventually need a dining table but it’s not something I should be hunting down on craigslist right now. When the time is right, my dream furniture will be waiting to be found.

No comments:

Post a Comment