Friday, December 14, 2012

THE GIFT OF GIVING.

Last night my family and I volunteered for ‘The Shoes for Kids Project’. It’s an amazing organization that provides brand new shoes for underprivileged children. Watching their tiny faces light up with excitement was priceless. One boy told me the worn out shoes he came in wearing were the ones we provided for him last year. He said he really loves soccer and plays a lot- that’s why they were falling apart. He instantly melted my heart! We’ve been teaching my niece, Mariah about volunteer work for a few years now. She immediately took charge helping kids take off their shoes and measuring their feet for the correct size. Even though she was measuring wrong, I was in awe of her supportive attitude- as always. I’m having trouble locating the contact info but will update this post as soon as I find it.
This Christmas, I encourage you to donate a few hours of your time to a charitable organization. The gift of giving undeniably surpasses receiving. Happy Holidays!!

No comments:

Post a Comment