Monday, April 15, 2013

Drive NOW, Text LATER.

"In a split second you could ruin your future, injure or kill others,
and tear a hole in the heart of everyone who loves you." Sharon Heit

This day and age it’s not entirely uncommon to check your phone while driving. And I’ll be the first to admit I’ve done it. Smart phones can do countless things and let's face it, sometimes they are difficult to put down. These tiny, yet powerful, devices can be extremely dangerous. and in some cases fatal. I am a firm believer in eliminating texting while driving. I find it ridiculously selfish to purposely allow distraction while attempting to control the direction/speed of a moving vehicle. Whether you realize it or not, you are putting your life and the lives of others in danger. I personally limit texting to red light stops only- still allowing my phone to rest in my lap. But I want to take it a step further... because occasionally red lights require our full attention as well.

I vow to STOP giving my phone the power to tempt me.

I vow to be MINDFUL and alert behind the wheel.

I vow to recognize the VALUE of everyone on the road.

I vow to ELIMINATE all phone use while driving. and if you aren't already, I hope you will too.

1 comment:

  1. I always tend to pull over to text if its an emergency. I tend to put my cell phone inside my dash board so I forget about it.

    ReplyDelete