Monday, November 18, 2013

It's been a pleasure but it's time to say good-bye.


While in Austin for FunFunFunFest Sarah and I reconnected with our fifth grade teacher Mr. Seabolt. He was such a positive impact on my life and I am incredibly grateful to have been his student. Not only did he help me overcome my shyness through theater; he introduced me to journaling which led me to discover my love for writing.

It was an absolute joy to sit and speak with him again. Fifteen years later and he’s still the same hilarious, kind-hearted, inspiring man. Our encounter reminded me of the importance of handwritten journals and having something tangible to pass down to future generations. I started this blog with that exact focus but the online world feels so impersonal these days and I’m not writing with the passion I once had.

I am beyond thankful for this writing space and all the lovely people I've met because of it. It taught me to be more open and kept me sane when I couldn't make sense of what I was feeling. But my favorite part of all was the feedback. So many people reached out to me with gratitude about how certain posts inspired them to give, love, grow. I will never forget that.

Thanks for reading .

No comments:

Post a Comment