How do you feel about aging? As a woman especially, I know how difficult a subject this can be. I’ve watched countless amazing women nervously dread and try to hide their birthdays- afraid that somehow aging meant turning into something ugly or ancient.
I’ll admit it, getting older can be scary and at times, seem like you’re falling behind - still single, still dreaming larger-than-life dreams of travel and adventure. But comparison is the thief of joy. To be alive, to grow on this planet, at this moment in time, is an adventure in itself! The whole point of aging is change. You are not the same person you were a decade ago; if you’re lucky, you’re not the same person you were last year. If we let them, our experiences can keep teaching us about ourselves. I celebrate that wisdom. And I’m grateful for every age I am blessed to become.
My birthday wish? More love, more health, more challenging fear & more growth!
- Stargazing on a rooftop
- Visit the Pacific Northwest
- Do the splits
- Watch the sunrise at the beach
- Send five just because gifts
- 6am hot yoga
- Dance in the rain
- Spend the night in a tepee
- Get that tattoo you've always wanted
- IMDB top 100 movie checklist
- Critical Mass Houston
- Learn to drive stick shift
- Wear red lipstick every day for a month
- Keep playing: buy a hula hoop, jump rope and fly a kite
- Watch my best-friend get married in the Dominican Republic
- Leave an absurdly large tip
- Hotel Saint Cecilia
- Visit the Grand Canyon at sunset
- Star Wars movie premiere
- Kiss at the top of a ferris wheel
- Laser tag and water balloon fight
- Go to the batting cages
- See Jerry Seinfeld perform stand-up routine
- Dress the same every day for a month
- Finally remove wisdom teeth
- Pay off dream car
- Ride a mechanical bull
Hahaha that last one cracks me up! But let's face it, they are everywhere in Texas and I've secretly always wanted to try it.