Wednesday, September 9, 2015

What comes next?

This season here has been a contrasting one for me – a routine of pillow talk and weekend getaways. I've always favored quiet summers with plenty of time to recharge in between ventures. This summer was different, I was different. I found myself breaking down barriers I’d been building for far too long. Traveling more frequently and learning to trust that all was as it should be. It was nice... stepping outside my comfort zone, taking risks, falling asleep next to you.

But as we near summer’s end I can’t help but feel a sense of loss. What was once foreign now seems so very familiar. And with the urgency of winter coming, I’m left wondering...

What now?

It’s the question that keeps me present. Keeps me grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment