Thursday, December 17, 2015

ABOUT ME: Q & A


This weekend I was reminded of how valuable this outlet is in documenting my life. The years seem to be flying by and I want to remember as much as possible! Who was I at 27 years old? What did I enjoy doing in my free time? Where was my heart? I’ll do my best to post these questionnaires more often. My  archives are proof how much my likes and dislikes change throughout the years. I like that I’m no longer afraid of change and instead let it excite me!

What do you do for a living?
I work in customer service (celebrating 7 years with my current company this month!) Photography is one of my greatest passions and I’m incredibly blessed to also work as a photographer in my free time! I hope to one day be able to answer this question with a simple: LIVE.

Who do you love?
I do my best to love everyone that enters my world. When I’m sitting in traffic feeling frustrated with other drivers – I take a deep breath and send them love. When I’m dealing with difficult customers I try putting myself in their shoes for better understanding. Learning to see things in a new perspective regularly has helped me excel in both my home and work life. My heart overflows with love for my family and close friends. And with each personal project I tackle, my love for myself grows more and more every day.

How old are you?
27 and a half! I can’t believe I already reached the half way mark! In all honesty, I feel as young as ever. I hope to always hold a youthful heart. When I was a teenager, I remember thinking twenty-four was soooo old. Last night my sister called me out on almost turning thirty. I said, BRING IT! I’m so happy to be alive!

Do you think you are a good person?
I know I haven’t always been, but YES! Me, right here, right now… damn good. I believe in leading by example and do my best to stay true to my values. Hiccups will always happen but we need those incidents to become BETTER than before.

How often do you laugh?
Every hour if I’m lucky! A life without laughter is so dull. I know, because I lived it. These days I tend to laugh at myself more than anything. I’m silly and a little unusual but my heart is light and I’m happy :)

What makes you smile?
My niece and nephew! I’m so amazed by them simply existing in my world. Love! I photographed an engagement proposal last week and couldn’t stop smiling (I also cried). Puppies! Vegan restaurants! Listening to my record collection! Shooting stars! And HUGS!

Where do you live?
Pearland, TX. The town I grew up in. I moved back here in May in order to accelerate my financial goals. Living 5 minutes from work is definitely a huge perk. I’m still contemplating where I will live next. The possibility of moving out of state is very likely.

What’s the first thing you do in the morning?
I try to remember to first pause and say Thank You. Then I do a quick yoga flow to stretch my well rested body and drink warm water with lemon! (no cell phones allowed in my morning routine).

What is the best thing that could happen to you right now?
Traveling the world with someone I love while building wealth and giving generously to those in need.

Picture yourself in 5 years from now:
I’d like to be in a loving, encouraging, committed relationship, with a thriving photography business, surrounded by wonderful friends and family.

Name the thing that annoys you the most:
Pessimists

Favorite movie?
Star Wars: A New Hope & The Empire Strikes Back, Into the Wild, Interstellar, When Harry Met Sally and Amelie

Favorite television show?
Super Soul Sunday, Oprah's Master Class and Tiny House Nation

Favorite food?
Black bean burgers, avocados and sweet potatoes

Favorite beverage?
Water and green juice!

Favorite book?
The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment - Eckhart Tolle
What I Know For Sure - Oprah Winfrey

Favorite song?
Morrissey - Suedehead, Chromatics - Cherry, Bon Iver - Holocene

Favorite color?
Light purple and white

Sum up your life in one sentence:
I live a simple life in a familiar city, where I'm always searching for lifelong learning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment